Of all the services that I use for my blog, Bluehost and WordPress are the MVPs!
Well, they have helped me run a successful digital brand for 5+ years!
Keep reading to see why they’re among the best decisions I’ve made in the past decade.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.*
Why I Use Bluehost With WordPress
A major part of launching your dream blog is having a domain, hosting and content management software to support your digital content.
WordPress.org – Create Whatever You Want!
This blog tool powers 33% of the web, meaning that over a third of all the websites we frequent as consumers use it. That’s a very convincing number!
However, that alone didn’t convince me to use WordPress.
I chose WordPress.org because of:
- Endless Customization – I didn’t want to a cookie-cutter brand, and I knew that I thrived when I had the freedom to create what I want. WordPress offers this type of environment! You can start off with a pre-made theme or build your theme from scratch. Either way, your brand can truly reflect everything you dream of!
- Free Website Enhancement With Plugins – Unlike other content platforms, WordPress offers SO many free ways to enhance your site via plugins. You can add secondary titles, social media feeds, contact forms, etc. without spending more money! That’s a blessing to any budget!
- Versatile Uses – WordPress can be easily converted, or expanded, into an online store. When I started my blog, I wasn’t sure if I was going to sell my own products but I did want to keep the option open. I wanted a content platform that could evolve with my brand, and WordPress’s features proved to be the most adaptable on the market.
- On-The-Go Management – Did you know that WordPress has an app? You can literally see web traffic, respond to comments and more from your phone! This was a real win for me, especially because I like to check my website analytics from anywhere.
- SEO-Friendliness – If you follow me on Twitter, you know I consistently talk about SEO, aka Search Engine Optimization. Having a blog platform that allowed me to incorporate this digital marketing strategy was very important to me, and WordPress is VERY SEO-friendly.
- Ability to Own My Content – This was a key differentiator for me as well! Even though WordPress.com and its free features were enticing, I preferred to own my content right from the beginning at no extra cost. So, I chose WordPress.org. It cost a little more upfront because you have to use a hosting service but I’ve never regretted it.
Ok, now to my favorite hosting solution – Bluehost.
Bluehost – Affordable & Secure Web Hosting
Any company that is bold enough to put the phrase “The Best Web Hosting” on their homepage is worth paying attention to!
But in addition to the obvious, here are the benefits of working with the Bluehost team:
- Accessible 24/7 Support – This was the first thing to grab my attention! Whether it’s late at night or early in the morning, I wanted to know that I could reach out to someone to help me. And trust me, I’ve used this feature A LOT in the past 5 years! Bluehost has never disappointed. They are always there and happy to help via phone or chat. Plus it has never taken me more than 2 interactions with them to get something resolved!
- One-Stop-Shop Hosting Solutions – Bluehost doesn’t just give you access to the internet so that you can publish a website. They also offer storage, security, an SSL certificate (https://), subdomains (e.g. dreamblog.baydiangirl.com) and no extra charges for high bandwidth on your site in EVERY hosting plan. Let me break down how important this is for you as a content creator! —> (a) All text files, images, scripts, databases, emails and other files related to your website are stored and safe. (b) Having https:// in your site URL helps customers and Google to trust you, which improves your SEO. (c) Subdomains give you the ability to create multiple sites that are directly connected to your website. Also great for SEO.
- Easy 1-Click WordPress Install – Since I’d already made up my mind that I wanted a self-hosted WordPress site, the fact that Bluehost integrated so seamlessly with that content management software, and had an entire support team dedicated to it, was a no-brainer.
- Cost-Effective – You get great value at an affordable price! You can purchase a complete hosting solution for as low as $3.95 per month. Personally, I have the Choice Plus plan as seen in the screenshot below.
Those are all the reasons why I chose Bluehost with WordPress for my blog.